The long-standing Cambridge Young Composer of the Year competition is being...
We are very proud of Longsands Academy students’ recent success at the Na...
The City of Cambridge Brass Band has realised that there is a real need for...
Event Status: Visible
Sunday, 15 Mar 2015
Sunday, 15 Mar 2015
SONG-WRITING AND INCLUSION CONVENTION Cambridge Junction 10.30am (coffee) sessions start 11am-4.30pm live music until 5pm 15TH MARCH 2015. https://songwriter2015.eventbrite.co.uk Are you interested in song-writing? As a musician? As an educator? As...
SONG-WRITING AND INCLUSION CONVENTION
Cambridge Junction 10.30am (coffee) sessions start 11am-4.30pm live music until 5pm 15TH MARCH 2015. https://songwriter2015.eventbrite.co.uk
Are you interested in song-writing? As a musician? As an educator? As a producer?
Join MusicNet-East for a relaxed, creative, inspirational event which highlights the process of song-writing.
Our themes are
• We know that many of the most innovative popular songs of the past have come from marginalised communities-what is the relationship between song-writing and inclusion?
• How can young people from all backgrounds be encouraged and enabled to write their own authentic material?
With a mix of practical activities, presentations and live music from local young song-writers.
• Inspiration for your own song-writing
• How to use song-writing in individual lessons and workshops
• 'What happens next?' - Progression opportunities
• What young people, promoters and professional songwriters look for in a 'good song'
• How creativity can benefit young people's wellbeing, learning and social inclusion
• How inclusion can benefit creativity in commercial song-writing
The day will also launch the MusicNet-East Songwriter 2015 an online chart that offers feedback from professionals, and signposts progression for young people in Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Essex.
Tickets: £10 concessions £5 Early Birds £8 Queries? Please contact email@example.com
If you find the information in this page is incorrect, please fill free to report it to us by clicking on Report Content button. Report Content ›
This page has been viewed 1055 time(s).