We are very proud of Longsands Academy students’ recent success at the Na...
The City of Cambridge Brass Band has realised that there is a real need for...
Event Status: Visible
Sunday, 15 Mar 2015
Sunday, 15 Mar 2015
SONG-WRITING AND INCLUSION CONVENTION Cambridge Junction 10.30am (coffee) sessions start 11am-4.30pm live music until 5pm 15TH MARCH 2015. https://songwriter2015.eventbrite.co.uk Are you interested in song-writing? As a musician? As an educator? As...
SONG-WRITING AND INCLUSION CONVENTION
Cambridge Junction 10.30am (coffee) sessions start 11am-4.30pm live music until 5pm 15TH MARCH 2015. https://songwriter2015.eventbrite.co.uk
Are you interested in song-writing? As a musician? As an educator? As a producer?
Join MusicNet-East for a relaxed, creative, inspirational event which highlights the process of song-writing.
Our themes are
• We know that many of the most innovative popular songs of the past have come from marginalised communities-what is the relationship between song-writing and inclusion?
• How can young people from all backgrounds be encouraged and enabled to write their own authentic material?
With a mix of practical activities, presentations and live music from local young song-writers.
• Inspiration for your own song-writing
• How to use song-writing in individual lessons and workshops
• 'What happens next?' - Progression opportunities
• What young people, promoters and professional songwriters look for in a 'good song'
• How creativity can benefit young people's wellbeing, learning and social inclusion
• How inclusion can benefit creativity in commercial song-writing
The day will also launch the MusicNet-East Songwriter 2015 an online chart that offers feedback from professionals, and signposts progression for young people in Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Essex.
Tickets: £10 concessions £5 Early Birds £8 Queries? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you find the information in this page is incorrect, please fill free to report it to us by clicking on Report Content button. Report Content ›
This page has been viewed 1433 time(s).